Saturday, October 24, 2009

Do I need to seal a watercolor painting?

I've painted a few pictures with watercolors,and one with additional chalk(?) pastels also,and I'd like to sell these pictures some day,but I was wondering if I should seal them with..something.


And if so,what is good to use in this situation and where I can find it?
Do I need to seal a watercolor painting?
go to your local art supply store and ask for a spray sealant for watercolours and pastels that will not change the colour of the image. but be careful. ask for a demonstration. we once had a sealant that supposedly went over pencil, charcoal etc without altering the surface and it left white chemical deposits on the drawing; moreover the manufacturer would not do anything to help. so i don't have a company name right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment