Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I want to start doing in-home photography, I have a couple questions though.?

I want to start doing infant photography, where I go to the mother's house and take the picures there for her. Where can I get some more camera info (I already am experienced, just need some refreshing) and what kind of equipment can I first start out with? Are there any sites that could guide me through this, or someone that has done it first hand? I also wanted to know if there are any personal sites where I can get ideas from? One other thing, when I take my pictures, where do I go to get them developed and printed? Do I take them to a regular place and then just charge more? Thanks so much!





-Tara
I want to start doing in-home photography, I have a couple questions though.?
You'll need to get some decent lights and learn how to use them


www.strobist.com





Minimum equipment will be three pocket wizards and two off-camera flashes, plus stands and umbrellas.





You want a Canon Xti or better.





Deliver a CD and let the client print them - you can burn a CD on the spot with the right laptop.
I want to start doing in-home photography, I have a couple questions though.?
I can only help you with the last part of your question. There's a big difference between having pictures developed at say, Walgreens, and having them developed at an independent photo shop. I say go with the quality, independent shop and charge a bit more. If your clients have had pictures developed at both, they'll understand. If not, show them the difference. Also, an independent shop can help with your equipment questions.
Reply:You can use just about any DSLR camera and lens combinations you have used before using the same skills you have used for shooting portraits in the past.





Lighting and background will be important. Savage makes a nice portable background system that can hold rolls of paper or cloth backgrounds.





You will have to decide whether incandescent or studio flash is appropriate.








A good portable studio will cost around $500 for a three light kit, $200 for the stand and background. Figure around $1,500 for the camera lens combination. For studio flash, figure about $5,000.





To pay for this, you will have to charge both a sitting fee (from $200 to $300) and then charge them for each print based upon what others photographers in your community are charging.


No comments:

Post a Comment