Saturday, October 24, 2009

Photography of people?

I was wondering if it was legal to take pictures of random people without them knowing and distribute them publicly. I wouldn't be selling them or doing any widespread distrubution (they would be for my personal portfolio, and I'm not planning on getting big) and I plan on getting consent before I do anyway (for moral reasons), but incase I don't get to talk to the people I photograph to get consent, if the photo was taken from public property, would it be illegal to put it in my portfolio without consent?
Photography of people?
It isn't persay illegal. People in a public place doing pubilc things...ok. People in a bathroom, in a dressing room, or private places doing private thing....illegal! You would be able to sell anything with out concent but for person portfolio I believe is fine.





p.s. would love to see some of your people shots!
Photography of people?
So go ahead. many ppl took pics of me. So what ? i get free publicity. As long as they are in your portfolio and not selling them, they cannot do anything about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment