Sunday, March 14, 2010

Is there a solvent you can use with Pantone Markers and/or ink that will allow you to "paint?"?

I want to extend the ink further, and I remember the guys in Industrial Design using markers with their car designs and sweeping the colors out with a cotton ball doused in...? Something. I'm just not sure what? I'm going to start experimenting with different things, like alchohol or bestine? I just don't want to waste a ton of ink trying it out.
Is there a solvent you can use with Pantone Markers and/or ink that will allow you to "paint?"?
Look for a marke called a "blender." This contains a solvent which will soften the hard edges where a marker layer is laid over another layer.





By the way, practicing with a medium to learn it's inticacies is not wasting. Even for the professionals, not EVERY mark on paper is a keeper.


No comments:

Post a Comment