Friday, November 6, 2009

What do you think of my pictures?

Hey so I don't really understand the forums on deviantART, so I decided to see what you guys here on Y!A think of my photography :)


I'm really new to it actually, so say what you wish :)





http://erikstroud.deviantart.com/art/A-W...


http://erikstroud.deviantart.com/art/Ms-...


http://erikstroud.deviantart.com/art/Smo...


http://erikstroud.deviantart.com/art/Pea...
What do you think of my pictures?
i really like the first one
What do you think of my pictures?
I'll give you an honest crtitique.





From a technical standpoint, they're good, especially the first one. It's hard to get a good picture in those conditions. You set it up right though, in a dark room so that the flame is correctly exposed, without overexposing the rest of the picture. Did you use a timed exposure? If I were taking that picture, my guess would be maybe F8 for 3 seconds. I've taken pictures like that with 35mm film, but not digital because the only digital camera I have is just a cheap point and shoot camera.





And also that first picture reminds me of how I feel everytime I go to the gas station to fill up my car!





The picture of the figure or statue is a little overexposed. The colors are a little washed out and there is too much glare on the highlights. If possible, when you take pictures outside, try to do it either early in the morning or late in the afternoon, when the sun is lower. If the sun is directly overhead, the light is too harsh and colors get washed out. So the worst time of day to take pictures outside is from about 12:00 - 2:00 pm. The best time is around maybe 8 AM - 10:30 AM, and then in the evening from about maybe 4:30 - 7:30 PM (in the spring or summer). If you really need to, you can get pictures earlier in the day, but step your exposures down. In fact, sometimes it's better to underexpose the picture a little bit because it will make colors brighter.





The other pictures with the smoke are pretty cool, and interesting from a technical standpoint, but unfortunately just don't make interesting subjects.





By the way, you should upload your pictures to Photobucket, they give you a huge file size limit and it's free.
Reply:I love all of it except the statue, that one is okay.


I like how the piece one is simple but stands out.


No comments:

Post a Comment