Friday, November 6, 2009

Designing Shirts?

Okay so I'm thinking about designing shirts and entering them into some of shirt.woot's derbys and am wanting some information. I have some ideas, I just don't know how to put them into the computer.





First- Is there a special program that I should use to make shirt designs? Preferably free? Is it just photoshop?





The sirts that I see on shirt.woot are all computerized, not a photo of a shirt, do I have to make the outline of the shirt myself or is there some kind of tempilate to use?


Here's an example of the shirt.woot shirts: (see how it has the little shirt in the corner, and then the actual design in the background? Do you use a template for the shirt?)





http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?i...





Any tips on designing shirts?


Thanks.





PS You don't need to answer all of my questions, I just would like all of ther info I can get.
Designing Shirts?
I checked the site.. and it sucks.. photo shop or illustrator would be good programs to use if not the best. They should give you all the info about sizing and DPI resolution and such along with the template, i would think. If you really interesting in designing shirts for fun or money you should try out THREADLESS.COM its really great and they give you detail information on how to submit your designs... Good luck
Designing Shirts?
There is photoshop and adobe illustrator, there are probably free design programs out there. The shirt backgrounds should be templates, but some people like to do it the hard way and draw it out.





If you want, you can draw your design on a piece of paper then scan it ( with a super quality scanner) and then download it to your computer, touch it up, then submit it.


No comments:

Post a Comment